Wow! What an amazing year 2014 was! Never in my life have some many exciting milestones and events been packed into one year. It is no wonder that my head felt like it was spinning and my body felt like it was always moving all year long.
I originally had planned to do a write up of the significant events of this year but as I made the list I came to the realization that it would take you, my dear reader, a year just to read about this year! Most of the significant moments have been captured online already too and you can read about them more in depth with the provided linkage.
The significant moments!
- Bella was my first real interaction with the Boxer breed. I fell in love with Bella and the breed as a whole and now I am the proud owner of Bella herself. The first post on this site about Bella is https://ben.lobaugh.net/blog/148052/bellas-new-boat
- Worked on one of the most well known WordPress plugins, Jetpack
- Lived a dream life with the work from anywhere anytime lifestyle Automattic provides. They are hiring!
- Went to Uganda for the first time ever https://ben.lobaugh.net/blog/148189/one-week-till-uganda
- Became the top Mephobia sufferer according to Google Search https://ben.lobaugh.net/blog/156483/i-am-the-top-mephobia-sufferer-according-to-google
- Started the process of setting up a non-profit which will be primarily focused on providing for schooling in Uganda
- Met Alixandra, the love of my life and the woman I am going to marry and make babies with in May
- Ran a 200 mile Ragnar relay race https://ben.lobaugh.net/blog/159894/today-i-am-running-my-first-ragnar
- Went to Europe for the first time (Scotland, Finland)
- Grounded my sailboat zzZippety Doo Dah https://ben.lobaugh.net/ship-log/a-weekend-at-blake-island
- Bought a yet another boat (3rd boat :S )https://ben.lobaugh.net/ship-log/introducing-my-new-1977-33-carver
- Got rid of my apartment and moved aboard a boat!
- Left Automattic and joined WebDevStudios (http://webdevstudios.com) where I lead a fantastic team https://ben.lobaugh.net/blog/168926/today-i-joined-webdevstudios
- Went to Uganda for the second time
- GOT ENGAGED TO ALIXANDRA!!! https://ben.lobaugh.net/blog/189145/i-asked-a-question-that-changed-my-life-forever
- Torque Magazine’s Top 100 most influential WordPress peeps http://torquemag.io/100-wordpress-influencers-follow-2015/
Soooooooo with such a crazy 2014 what am I planning for 2015? My list may not be as big but the impacts on my life will be forever felt. Here is the short of it
- Get married!!! Check out http://lobaughwedding.com and subscribe to keep up to date with wedding announcements.
- Start said non-profit
- Pay off the remainder of my student loans!
- Purchase some real estate
- Get my 1965 VW Bus moved up to Seattle
- Repaint and re-rig Zippey
- Move from an intermediate to advance pianist
- Learn sea shanties on a Ukulele