Pulling the engine for a rebuild

March 30, 2017

In the last post I mentioned that cylinder 2 was having some blowby issues. I took the head in for testing in the hopes that it was cracked and the issue. The head came back superbly. That meant it was time to dig deeper into the motor, which meant pulling it and putting it up on a bench at Harold’s house.

Today I pulled the motor with the assistance of Shane and AJ. Both great guys. It went remarkably smooth. I anticipated it taking a few hours but it wound up being less than an hour. I had everything prepped and disconnected when my helpers arrived though which certainly helped.

Tomorrow I will be heading out to Harold’s shop to put it on a bench and start pulling it apart to see what is what.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *